Samstag, 23. März 2013

Morocco - General

Morocco


Morocco, Morocco.... You are my passion, my love, my home.
I started my "relationship" with Morocco in 2010 by accident actually... But it was the best that could ever happen to me.
Morocco has something very special: you feel the African and the Muslim culture but thanks to the tourism, it is very open and developped. Nothing is fast in Morocco. You have to slow down for a while and take everything as it comes. Plans, organizations, hurry? No chance. This can be a little annoying or at least new for someone from Europe or the Western Countries but if you can let it happen, it will change you a little and makes your life healthier.
From desert to surfholidays, from Hotel to camping, souks (local markets) and Tajine (very delicious local meal): you can have it all down there.

In the following chapters I tried to collect some informations about different cities/places in Morocco and I'm sure, there will come more every year.

One information before, because this is what everyone always asks me: YES. Morocco IS safe. You CAN travel there even as a blond girl and even all alone. BUT: DON'T travel by night/darkness and be prepared: even if it is not dangerous, it can be annoying as a girl who travels alone, because you won't have ANY time alone, without someone who wants to speak o you. NO TIME. NOT ANY (I once got my surfboard and paddled out when there were no waves, just to read my book somewhere without disturbance.).

keep in mind: the culture is differnet, there is no need to wear shorts and Bikinitops anywhere than at the beach. If you do, keep in mind that the locals will see you even more as a tourist and they probably will be not amused, which is absolutely their right, since WE are the visitors of THEIR country and a little respect should be given to everyone and every place we travel to.

How to travel around: Busses run from every town to another. In town you can normally walk or take a Taxi or Motorbike. Even car rentals are usually not difficult to find.

Visa: 
From Europe: for a short term stay you just need to fill out a fourmular in the airplane and keep it (!) If they ask you where you will stay during your holidays, tell them the first spot you know. Sometimes even the name of a town is enough.

Enjoy! It is the most friendly and one of the most beautiful countries I've ever seen!
Must sees: Paradise valley, the desert, the Atlas mountains, the coast (Taghazout)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen